Cheesy Baked Burritos
prep-time=20minutes cook-time=30 minutes
- 2 lbs pork loin, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 ½ c. plus ½ c. sparkling water, lime flavored
- 1 pkg. chicken flavored rice, such as Rice A Roni or Kerr
- 1 can 15 oz cheese sauce
- 1 can 14.5 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies, drained
- 1 can 15 oz red or black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jar 15 oz mild salsa
- 12 ct. 8 inch flour tortillas
- 1 ½ c. shredded Mexican-style cheese
Heat oven to 350*F. Spray 9×13 pan with non-stick spray.
Season pork slices with chili powder and steak seasoning. Add to pot over medium high heat, sauté for 4-6 minutes. Remove from pot.
Add onions to pot, and sauté for about 5 minutes. Deglaze pan with ½ cup of the sparkling water. Add the rest of the water, and simmer on low for 15-20 minutes.
Mix together meat, beans, and tomatoes.
Pour about ½ the salsa into the bottom of the baking dish.
Roll the burritos with 1 tbl. sour cream, 1 tbl. cheese sauce, and 2-3 tbl. of the meat mixture as the filling.
Spread remaining salsa on top of the burritos, bake for 20-25 minutes.
and bake 5 minutes, or until bubbly.
Bob Eklund has been cooking since he was a little boy. His Grandma Bernie taught him to cook. The kitchen brings many fond memories, and Bob believes it to be the heart of the home. Bob is husband to Trish, and Step-father to her two daughters. Follow Bob on Twitter: @reklund413.