30 minutes prep time 20 minutes cook time
- 1 ½ c. vegetable oil for frying, or about 1 inch of oil in pan
- 2 eggs-1 for the croquettes and 1 for the dredge
- ¼ tea. poultry seasoning
- ¼ tea. sage
- ½ tea. garlic powder
- 1 ½ c. panko bread crumbs
- 2 c. turkey
- 2 c. mashed potatoes
- 2 c. dressing
- 2 tbl. water
- 2 tea. paprika
- 1 tbl. Italian seasoning
- Run a knife through the turkey and dressing to get all the pieces the same size. About a ¼ inch.
- In a large bowl, mix turkey, dressing, potatoes, 1 egg, poultry seasoning, sage, and garlic powder. If the mix is too dry, add a little water.
- Roll into 2 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Beat 1 egg and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix together bread crumbs, paprika, and Italian seasoning.
- Dredge each ball in the egg wash, and then in the bread crumb mix. Set on cookie sheet.
Heat oil to 300*F. Fry each croquette till browned. Turn every 2-3 minutes until browned on all sides. 6-8 minutes each batch.
Makes 17 croquettes.
Bob Eklund has been cooking since he was a little boy. His Grandma Bernie taught him to cook. The kitchen brings many fond memories, and Bob believes it to be the heart of the home. Bob is husband to Trish, and Step-father to her two daughters. Follow Bob on Twitter: @reklund413.